Shopping for a prom dress


The other day I received a phone call from a friend of mine in Chicago. She was totally stressed out over her daughter's prom dress or rather lack of one. My friend and her daughter were exhausted and frustrated from shopping and trying on hundreds of dresses and not finding what they wanted. Now I use the term "they" because the mother definitely has to approve of the daughter's chosen dress. Shopping for the perfect prom dress is a right of passage for teenage girls everywhere. Grab mom, make sure she has money, or at least enough to cover the difference if the dress is more than the girl can afford, hop in the car with pictures of the perfect prom dress and take off. Usually, everyone starts off in a great mood with high expectations. Of course, after about the 3rd boutique, everyone's nerves are wearing thin. Mother and daughter begin to argue, frustrations begin to brew and the whole afternoon goes up in smoke without a dress to wear. Does this sound familiar? Well, my smart friend dialed us up, and began shopping long distance. She shared her story with me and told me exactly what her daughter wanted. I told her which designers I carry, we looked on-line together, and I told her the styles I had available here at Formally Yours. After a great conversation, we agreed that I would ship her a few dresses for her daughter to try on in the comforts of her own home. I shipped the dresses to Chicago and bingo, it was a perfect match. She loved one! Everyone was thrilled to pieces and my friend was relieved to know that her job was complete and her daughter was happy. I'm just glad that people trust Formally Yours, and realize that we are here to make everyone's fashion wishes come true. Also, we are here to ease the pain for the moms who are tired of driving and wasting gas!
Just come in or call us, and trust that our fashion knowledge will guide you to your dream dress.

No comments: